East Bay News
Police searching for at-risk San Leandro man
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- Police are searching for a 60-year-old at-risk San Leandro man who went missing on Tuesday morning, according to police.
John Williams was last seen at his care home in the 300 Block of Juana Avenue in San Leandro at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Williams is described as a black man standing 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds. He has gray and black hair and brown eyes, police said.
Williams was last seen wearing a brown beanie, a black jacket and black pants.
He left his home to cash a check in Oakland, but did not return in time to take his daily medications, police said.
Williams is considered to be at-risk due to his medical condition, police said.
According to police, Williams primarily used AC Transit to get around the area. He moves very slowly and walks with a cane. He also has a distinctive hunched over walk.
Williams was previously reported missing last week and was found by a San Leandro police officer in the 2200 block of Bancroft Avenue in San Leandro.
Anyone who sees Williams is urged to contact their local police department immediately.
san leandro, missing person, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 18 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 51 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 19 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos