East Bay News
Berkeley's Chez Panisse sets opening date for June 10
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- The owner of Berkeley's world famous Chez Panisse has set a new opening date after a fire heavily damaged the restaurant.
Chef Alice Waters says Chez Panisse is now scheduled to reopen on June 10. It has been closed since an early morning fire heavily damaged the award winning restaurant on March 8.
Waters says the new building will include some Japanese and American craftsman-style elements.
berkeley, restaurants, fire, food, east bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos