East Bay News
Berkeley's Chez Panisse sets opening date for June 10
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- The owner of Berkeley's world famous Chez Panisse has set a new opening date after a fire heavily damaged the restaurant.
Chef Alice Waters says Chez Panisse is now scheduled to reopen on June 10. It has been closed since an early morning fire heavily damaged the award winning restaurant on March 8.
Waters says the new building will include some Japanese and American craftsman-style elements.
berkeley, restaurants, fire, food, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos