East Bay News
Former preschool teacher charged with child molestation
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- A former Contra Costa County preschool teacher has been charged with child molestation in connection with several victims, a prosecutor said Wednesday.
Anthony D'Tileo, 23, was arrested and charged with four counts of lewd and lascivious acts against a child under age 14, senior deputy District Attorney Nancy Georgiou said.
He is being held in county jail in Martinez on more than $1 million bail, she said.
Georgiou said D'Tileo was employed at a preschool in Contra Costa County but declined to say whether the victims were students at the school, citing privacy rights.
D'Tileo is scheduled to return to court in Martinez on Thursday to set future court dates.
contra costa county, martinez, teachers, sex crimes, children, child abuse, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests 44 min ago
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives 44 min ago
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- City College San Francisco protests lead to...
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos