East Bay News
Former preschool teacher charged with child molestation
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- A former Contra Costa County preschool teacher has been charged with child molestation in connection with several victims, a prosecutor said Wednesday.
Anthony D'Tileo, 23, was arrested and charged with four counts of lewd and lascivious acts against a child under age 14, senior deputy District Attorney Nancy Georgiou said.
He is being held in county jail in Martinez on more than $1 million bail, she said.
Georgiou said D'Tileo was employed at a preschool in Contra Costa County but declined to say whether the victims were students at the school, citing privacy rights.
D'Tileo is scheduled to return to court in Martinez on Thursday to set future court dates.
contra costa county, martinez, teachers, sex crimes, children, child abuse, east bay news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 28 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested 32 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 15 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing... 3 min ago
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday