East Bay News
Antioch man killed in early morning shooting in front of hotel
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A man was shot and killed in front of an Antioch hotel early Saturday morning.
Dispatchers received a report of a person shot in front of a hotel in the 500 block of East 18th Street around 3:45 a.m., according to police.
Police said officers arrived on the scene to find the victim, a 38-year-old man, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
The officers and medical personnel performed life-saving measures on the man, but he was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Police are investigating the shooting as a homicide.
No information about potential suspects was available.
Anyone with information about this case is encouraged to call Antioch police Detective Meads at (925) 779-6884.
shooting, antioch, east bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit" 53 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans 28 min ago
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 38 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
19 min ago
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball...
53 min ago