East Bay News
Antioch man killed in early morning shooting in front of hotel
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A man was shot and killed in front of an Antioch hotel early Saturday morning.
Dispatchers received a report of a person shot in front of a hotel in the 500 block of East 18th Street around 3:45 a.m., according to police.
Police said officers arrived on the scene to find the victim, a 38-year-old man, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
The officers and medical personnel performed life-saving measures on the man, but he was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Police are investigating the shooting as a homicide.
No information about potential suspects was available.
Anyone with information about this case is encouraged to call Antioch police Detective Meads at (925) 779-6884.
shooting, antioch, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire