East Bay News
BART will ban unruly riders starting Monday
A new rule starting Monday will allow BART to ban violent or unruly passengers.
Under the new policy, BART will be allowed to keep people away for up to a month or even a year.
The offenses that could get people banned include: Hindering the operation of a train, assaulting workers or customers, lewd or lascivious behavior, selling drugs, graffiti or repeatedly bothering others.
BART, crime, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 54 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos