East Bay News
BART will ban unruly riders starting Monday
A new rule starting Monday will allow BART to ban violent or unruly passengers.
Under the new policy, BART will be allowed to keep people away for up to a month or even a year.
The offenses that could get people banned include: Hindering the operation of a train, assaulting workers or customers, lewd or lascivious behavior, selling drugs, graffiti or repeatedly bothering others.
BART, crime, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California 21 min ago
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport 12 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch