East Bay News
Pleasanton purse theft, attempted baby snatching investigated
PLEASANTON, Calif. -- A woman was robbed of her purse in Pleasanton on Wednesday evening by two men who also tried to take her infant son, police said.
Just before the robbery, the woman was pushing the stroller on the south side of West Las Positas Boulevard, west of Santa Rita Road, police said.
As she walked behind a sound wall into the Las Positas Garden Townhomes around 6:20 p.m., she noticed two men following her, according to police.
Suddenly, one of them pushed the woman to the ground and grabbed her purse from her shoulder, police said.
When the woman fell, the second man took the stroller and started pushing it through the townhome complex but then lost control of the stroller and it tipped over, police said.
The man tried to pull the infant from the stroller but wasn't able to.
The two men then ran east through the complex toward Santa Rita Road with the victim's purse, according to police.
As of this morning, the pair remained at large, police said.
The suspects were described as black men between 18 and 25 years old. They were both clean-shaven with medium builds.
The first man was about 6 feet tall and was wearing a black baseball cap, a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants, police said. The second suspect was about 5 feet 8 inches tall and was dressed similarly.
The woman and her baby were not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pleasanton police at (925) 931-5100.
pleasanton, crime, children, violence, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday