East Bay News
Credit card skimming devices found at two gas stations
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- Credit card skimming devices were found at two Walnut Creek gas stations this week, and police are warning residents to be on the alert for suspicious subjects tampering with pumps
The first card skimming device was reported on Tuesday at the Chevron station at Ygnacio Valley Road and North Main Street by an alert clerk, police said.
Police seized the device, which they believe had been installed only hours before.
On Wednesday, a second device was found attached to a pump at the Valero gas station at Ygnacio Valley Road and North Broadway. Police believe it had been installed in the previous 24 to 36 hours.
Both devices were of the same design and construction, and were installed inside the pump with no external indications they were attached, police said.
Investigators are examining surveillance video from both stations.
Patrons of these stations that saw anyone tampering with the pumps, or citizens who see any suspicious activity at any gas station, should contact police at (925) 943-5844.
Patrons of these stations should also monitor their credit reports for any unauthorized credit activity.
All gas stations in the area have been contacted and asked to check their pumps on a regular basis.
walnut creek, crime, credit cards, east bay news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- One killed in boating accident in Redwood City 51 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 49 min ago
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 12 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 16 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos