East Bay News
Homicide suspect arrested after body found in Antioch apartment
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Police arrested a man on suspicion of murder stemming from the discovery of a 22-year-old man's body at an Antioch apartment complex on Friday.
Following a tip from a concerned citizen reporting a suspicious man in their neighborhood on Friday afternoon, police located and interviewed the man.
The interviews led to the man's arrest for alleged murder in connection with the body found at an apartment complex in the 3400 block of Hudson Court on Friday morning, according to police.
He was taken to county jail in Martinez.
Police have not released the suspect's name.
Officers responded to a report of a possible dead body at the complex around 8 a.m. Friday.
The man, who has been identified only as a 22-year-old Antioch resident, appeared to have been shot to death and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Police said the body was found on the side of the apartment complex and appeared to have been there for several hours. His identification is being withheld pending the notification of relatives.
antioch, murder, crime, shooting, guns, violence, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 44 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash 6 min ago
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Emotional stress may be linked to coronary problems 22 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car