East Bay News
Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters now have a wildfire in Livermore along Interstate 580 under control.
They shut down part of the freeway near Altamont Pass Road because of thick smoke.
The fire jumped the freeway at one point and sparked on the other side.
Westbound lanes were closed around 2 p.m. They a little over an hour later.
The fire charred about 50 acres.
livermore, I-580, fire, wildfire, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 54 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday 43 min ago
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
45 min ago