East Bay News
Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters now have a wildfire in Livermore along Interstate 580 under control.
They shut down part of the freeway near Altamont Pass Road because of thick smoke.
The fire jumped the freeway at one point and sparked on the other side.
Westbound lanes were closed around 2 p.m. They a little over an hour later.
The fire charred about 50 acres.
livermore, I-580, fire, wildfire, east bay news
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos