East Bay News
Concord brush fire near park, apartment buildings doused
CONCORD, Calif. -- Contra Costa County firefighters controlled a brush fire beside the Newhall Community Park in Concord Saturday that officials feared might threaten residential structures, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The fire department arrived at the scene of the fire at 1432 Marclair Drive at about 3 p.m. and contained the blaze at 3:37 p.m., the spokeswoman said.
Officials at first believed that the burning vegetation might spread to apartment buildings nearby but the fire was doused in time and backup units cancelled, the spokeswoman said.
Information on the cause of the fire and the extent of the damaged brush were not available, the spokeswoman said.
livermore, I-580, fire, wildfire, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 5 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 35 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- GM to offer loaners to owners of recalled cars 3 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville... 6 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos