East Bay News
Concord brush fire near park, apartment buildings doused
CONCORD, Calif. -- Contra Costa County firefighters controlled a brush fire beside the Newhall Community Park in Concord Saturday that officials feared might threaten residential structures, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The fire department arrived at the scene of the fire at 1432 Marclair Drive at about 3 p.m. and contained the blaze at 3:37 p.m., the spokeswoman said.
Officials at first believed that the burning vegetation might spread to apartment buildings nearby but the fire was doused in time and backup units cancelled, the spokeswoman said.
Information on the cause of the fire and the extent of the damaged brush were not available, the spokeswoman said.
livermore, I-580, fire, wildfire, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos