East Bay News
CHP, Coast Guard, rescue three from Suisun Bay
SUISUN BAY, CA -- A California Highway Patrol helicopter assisted the U.S. Coast Guard in rescuing three people from the water near Ryer Island in Solano County after their vessel capsized Saturday evening in Solano County, according to the CHP.
The CHP's help was requested at about 6:45 p.m. to search the area of Ryer Island in Suisun Bay by the Coast Guard, the CHP said.
Prior to the CHP helicopter's arrival, the Coast Guard had been searching for the three vessel occupants for about a half hour, the CHP said.
The CHP officers in the helicopter spotted the small capsized catamaran boat about two miles north of the reported location, with one occupant on top of the boat and two others in the water nearby, the CHP said.
All victims were wearing lifejackets, clutching onto each other and drifting farther from the vessel due to the tide, according to the CHP.
A male standing on the vessel was airlifted by the CHP helicopter and brought to the Martinez Marina, and the Coast Guard rescued the two other victims and brought them to the marina for medical treatment, according to the CHP.
All three victims were transported to a hospital due to their extended cold-water exposure, which was around 45 minutes. The extent of their injuries has not yet been released.
solano county, coast guard, CHP, rescue, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos