East Bay News
CHP, Coast Guard, rescue three from Suisun Bay
SUISUN BAY, CA -- A California Highway Patrol helicopter assisted the U.S. Coast Guard in rescuing three people from the water near Ryer Island in Solano County after their vessel capsized Saturday evening in Solano County, according to the CHP.
The CHP's help was requested at about 6:45 p.m. to search the area of Ryer Island in Suisun Bay by the Coast Guard, the CHP said.
Prior to the CHP helicopter's arrival, the Coast Guard had been searching for the three vessel occupants for about a half hour, the CHP said.
The CHP officers in the helicopter spotted the small capsized catamaran boat about two miles north of the reported location, with one occupant on top of the boat and two others in the water nearby, the CHP said.
All victims were wearing lifejackets, clutching onto each other and drifting farther from the vessel due to the tide, according to the CHP.
A male standing on the vessel was airlifted by the CHP helicopter and brought to the Martinez Marina, and the Coast Guard rescued the two other victims and brought them to the marina for medical treatment, according to the CHP.
All three victims were transported to a hospital due to their extended cold-water exposure, which was around 45 minutes. The extent of their injuries has not yet been released.
solano county, coast guard, CHP, rescue, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case