East Bay News
CHP, Coast Guard, rescue three from Suisun Bay
SUISUN BAY, CA -- A California Highway Patrol helicopter assisted the U.S. Coast Guard in rescuing three people from the water near Ryer Island in Solano County after their vessel capsized Saturday evening in Solano County, according to the CHP.
The CHP's help was requested at about 6:45 p.m. to search the area of Ryer Island in Suisun Bay by the Coast Guard, the CHP said.
Prior to the CHP helicopter's arrival, the Coast Guard had been searching for the three vessel occupants for about a half hour, the CHP said.
The CHP officers in the helicopter spotted the small capsized catamaran boat about two miles north of the reported location, with one occupant on top of the boat and two others in the water nearby, the CHP said.
All victims were wearing lifejackets, clutching onto each other and drifting farther from the vessel due to the tide, according to the CHP.
A male standing on the vessel was airlifted by the CHP helicopter and brought to the Martinez Marina, and the Coast Guard rescued the two other victims and brought them to the marina for medical treatment, according to the CHP.
All three victims were transported to a hospital due to their extended cold-water exposure, which was around 45 minutes. The extent of their injuries has not yet been released.
solano county, coast guard, CHP, rescue, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 56 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 33 min ago
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 8 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos