East Bay News
Sobriety checkpoints in full-swing Memorial Day weekend
Police will be holding sobriety checkpoints Sunday night in several cities across the Bay Area.
The crackdown will target people who drink and drive for the Memorial Day weekend.
Twenty-one police agencies in Alameda County are pooling their resources and 23 agencies in San Mateo County are teaming up for the effort.
Other Bay Area law enforcement agencies say they'll be holding DUI checkpoints in places where drivers least expect them.
alameda county, san mateo county, DUI, traffic, crime, east bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 58 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 33 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos