East Bay News
Sobriety checkpoints in full-swing Memorial Day weekend
Police will be holding sobriety checkpoints Sunday night in several cities across the Bay Area.
The crackdown will target people who drink and drive for the Memorial Day weekend.
Twenty-one police agencies in Alameda County are pooling their resources and 23 agencies in San Mateo County are teaming up for the effort.
Other Bay Area law enforcement agencies say they'll be holding DUI checkpoints in places where drivers least expect them.
alameda county, san mateo county, DUI, traffic, crime, east bay news
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 5 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 18 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 53 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 32 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
5 min ago