East Bay News
Chez Panisse set to open kitchen June 21 with fundraiser
The iconic Bay Area restaurant Chez Panisse will reopen its kitchen with a fundraiser on June 21 after an electrical fire on March 8 forced it to close.
The Bay Area News Group reports reservations will cost $1,000 per person for café seating and $2,500 per person in the main dining room.
The event will raise money for education programs at the Berkeley-based Edible Schoolyard project.
The reservation phone line opens tomorrow at 9 a.m.
berkeley, restaurants, fire, fundraiser, east bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 8 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz? 40 min ago
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
17 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos