East Bay News
Trial set for two Richmond High School gang rape suspects
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- Trial is set to start Monday for two men accused in the gang rape and beating of a Richmond girl.
They're charged in the October 2009 attack of a 16-year-old girl outside Richmond High School after a homecoming dance.
A rare dual jury trial is scheduled for 22-year-old Jose Montano and 20-year-old Marcelles Peter.
The two juries will hear most of the witness testimony together, but deliberate separately.
In all, eight people were charged. Some have already been sentenced and other are facing upcoming trials.
richmond, richmond rape, east bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 3 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 3 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 1 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 22 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 4 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed