East Bay News
Cal students attacked at Grizzly Peak lookout
BERKELEY, Calif. -- Two University of California at Berkeley students were attacked early Sunday morning while at a lookout point on Grizzly Peak Boulevard in the Berkeley Hills, UC police said.
A 21-year-old man and his two friends had parked at a lookout signpost around 12:30 a.m. where a group of about eight to 10 men and women in their 20s were also parked in two different cars, police said.
One of the men in the group walked up to the 21-year-old victim and punched him in the face. The man fell to the ground and the suspect continued to punch and kick him, police said.
Others in the group, both men and women, began kicking and punching the victim. When one of the victim's friends tried to intervene, members of the group also started kicking and punching him, police said.
The 21-year-old managed to get up and run away from the group toward his car. As he was running he was hit in the face by an unknown object believed to be a bottle or large rock, police said.
The victims drove off and took the injured victim to Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in Berkeley where he was treated for multiple facial injuries, according to police.
Police searched the area for the suspects but did not find them.
One of the suspects in the group was described as a white man standing about 6 feet tall with long, blond curly hair. He was wearing a white shirt and hat, police said.
The other suspects were only described as white men and women in their 20s.
The two cars they were in were described as Hondas or similar cars, one red and one white.
Anyone with information is asked to call (510) 642-0472 or (510) 642-6760.
berkeley, UC, uc berkeley, crime, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 18 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges 36 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 49 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
34 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos