East Bay News
Sunnyvale police investigating shooting outside sports bar
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Police in Sunnyvale are investigating a homicide that occurred outside a sports bar this morning, a police captain said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting at The Peacock Lounge bar, located at 102 E. Fremont Ave., at about 1:05 a.m., Capt. Dave Pitts said.When officers arrived, they found a male suffering from gunshot wounds, Pitts said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police received a call from a hospital about a gunshot victim that Pitts said is possibly a second victim from the shooting. Details about what led to the shooting are unknown, but Pitts said "there was some sort of party" and police are "still trying to sort out the details." No arrests have been made. Santa Clara police and the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office assisted Sunnyvale police at the scene.
shooting, crime, sunnyvale, east bay news
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos