East Bay News
Sunnyvale police investigating shooting outside sports bar
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Police in Sunnyvale are investigating a homicide that occurred outside a sports bar this morning, a police captain said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting at The Peacock Lounge bar, located at 102 E. Fremont Ave., at about 1:05 a.m., Capt. Dave Pitts said.When officers arrived, they found a male suffering from gunshot wounds, Pitts said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police received a call from a hospital about a gunshot victim that Pitts said is possibly a second victim from the shooting. Details about what led to the shooting are unknown, but Pitts said "there was some sort of party" and police are "still trying to sort out the details." No arrests have been made. Santa Clara police and the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office assisted Sunnyvale police at the scene.
shooting, crime, sunnyvale, east bay news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 36 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 22 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body