East Bay News
Sunnyvale police investigating shooting outside sports bar
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Police in Sunnyvale are investigating a homicide that occurred outside a sports bar this morning, a police captain said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting at The Peacock Lounge bar, located at 102 E. Fremont Ave., at about 1:05 a.m., Capt. Dave Pitts said.When officers arrived, they found a male suffering from gunshot wounds, Pitts said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police received a call from a hospital about a gunshot victim that Pitts said is possibly a second victim from the shooting. Details about what led to the shooting are unknown, but Pitts said "there was some sort of party" and police are "still trying to sort out the details." No arrests have been made. Santa Clara police and the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office assisted Sunnyvale police at the scene.
shooting, crime, sunnyvale, east bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday