East Bay News
Elderly man beaten, robbed in Antioch dies
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- An elderly man who was beaten during a robbery in Antioch last month died of his injuries Tuesday, according to the Contra Costa County coroner's bureau.
Patrick Chang, 83, died late Tuesday morning at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, according to the coroner's office.
Chang was in critical condition after a juvenile allegedly beat and robbed him in the parking lot of an Orchard Hardware Supply store at 4873 Lone Tree Way on May 18, police said.
Police did not locate the suspect after the incident and released surveillance photographs showing a male near the scene, police said.
On May 23 a suspect was booked in to Juvenile Hall in Martinez on suspicion of felony assault and robbery, police said.
Police did not say if the juvenile was the male shown in the photographs.
antioch, crime, east bay news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland boys' choir to sing for Mandela...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos