East Bay News
Elderly man beaten, robbed in Antioch dies
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- An elderly man who was beaten during a robbery in Antioch last month died of his injuries Tuesday, according to the Contra Costa County coroner's bureau.
Patrick Chang, 83, died late Tuesday morning at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, according to the coroner's office.
Chang was in critical condition after a juvenile allegedly beat and robbed him in the parking lot of an Orchard Hardware Supply store at 4873 Lone Tree Way on May 18, police said.
Police did not locate the suspect after the incident and released surveillance photographs showing a male near the scene, police said.
On May 23 a suspect was booked in to Juvenile Hall in Martinez on suspicion of felony assault and robbery, police said.
Police did not say if the juvenile was the male shown in the photographs.
antioch, crime, east bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 3 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 7 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
57 min ago