East Bay News
Oakland hottest real estate market in the Bay Area
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- New real estate data shows Oakland is the hottest market right now in the Bay Area.
Realtor.com says homes sold faster in Oakland last month, than anywhere else in the nation.
On average, homes spent just 16 days on the market.
Oakland also saw the highest median housing price jump from May of last year, up 38 percent. San Jose was second at 30 percent, and San Francisco third at 18 percent.
Realtor.com says seller confidence is on the rise nationwide, with homes on the market for a shorter amount of time compared to last year.
oakland, san jose, real estate, housing market, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 2 min ago
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 26 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos