East Bay News
Suspect shot, killed in attempted robbery in Castro Valley
CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A suspect was shot and killed during a robbery at Boulevard Burger on Castro Valley Boulevard Friday night.
An Alameda County Sheriff's spokesperson said around 10:10 p.m. Boulevard Burger was being robbed by an armed man. A Sheriff's deputy was on another call in the area, responded to the scene, and shot the suspect.
One employee suffered a non-life threatening injury as a result of the incident, but was not shot. That employee is being evaluated for injures that may have happened during a struggle with the suspect.
The restaurant was closed and only employees were inside at the time of the robbery.
The investigation into the fatal shooting of the robbery suspect continues.
castro valley, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes 50 min ago
- Oakland family requests feeding tube for girl 36 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- BART Board president wants to ban transit...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos