East Bay News
Suspect shot, killed in attempted robbery in Castro Valley
CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A suspect was shot and killed during a robbery at Boulevard Burger on Castro Valley Boulevard Friday night.
An Alameda County Sheriff's spokesperson said around 10:10 p.m. Boulevard Burger was being robbed by an armed man. A Sheriff's deputy was on another call in the area, responded to the scene, and shot the suspect.
One employee suffered a non-life threatening injury as a result of the incident, but was not shot. That employee is being evaluated for injures that may have happened during a struggle with the suspect.
The restaurant was closed and only employees were inside at the time of the robbery.
The investigation into the fatal shooting of the robbery suspect continues.
castro valley, shooting, crime, east bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- NYC building explodes, 11 minor injuries reported 1 min ago
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos