East Bay News
Two men killed when vehicle strikes tree in Emeryville
EMERYVILLE, Calif. -- Two men were killed early Saturday morning in Emeryville when a car crashed into a tree., according to police.
The collision on Powell Street just west of Vallejo Street was reported shortly after 12:30 a.m., according to police.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger was transported to a hospital but later died of his injuries, police said.
No other vehicles appear to have been involved in the crash, and the cause is under investigation.
crash, emeryville, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos