East Bay News
Vallejo man fatally shot in driveway, suspects remain at large
VALLEJO, Callif. -- A man was shot to death while attending a child's party late Saturday night, police said today.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired at a person in a driveway in the first block of Sawyer Street at about 11:30 p.m., police said.
The victim, an 18-year-old man, was transported by family members to a hospital to be treated for multiple gunshot wounds, but was pronounced dead at about 1 a.m. today, according to police.
A pit bull dog was also struck in the gunfire, according to police.
The dog was taken by animal control officers to a veterinarian for treatment, police said. Its condition was not immediately available.
A witness of the shooting told investigators that the victim, whose name has not yet been released, was attending a party for a child and was in the front driveway at the time of the shooting, police said.
At least two suspects involved in the shooting fled the area and remain at large, police said.
The killing is Vallejo's 11th of the year.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call (800) 488-9383.
crime, vallejo, east bay news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 41 min ago
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot in San Rafael 6 min ago
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday