East Bay News
Vallejo man fatally shot in driveway, suspects remain at large
VALLEJO, Callif. -- A man was shot to death while attending a child's party late Saturday night, police said today.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired at a person in a driveway in the first block of Sawyer Street at about 11:30 p.m., police said.
The victim, an 18-year-old man, was transported by family members to a hospital to be treated for multiple gunshot wounds, but was pronounced dead at about 1 a.m. today, according to police.
A pit bull dog was also struck in the gunfire, according to police.
The dog was taken by animal control officers to a veterinarian for treatment, police said. Its condition was not immediately available.
A witness of the shooting told investigators that the victim, whose name has not yet been released, was attending a party for a child and was in the front driveway at the time of the shooting, police said.
At least two suspects involved in the shooting fled the area and remain at large, police said.
The killing is Vallejo's 11th of the year.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call (800) 488-9383.
crime, vallejo, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos