East Bay News
Man stabbed during fight at a home in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A 43-year-old man was injured in a stabbing in Antioch on Saturday, police said.
Officers responded to reports of a fight at a home in the 1600 block of Cavallo Ranch Road at about 4 p.m., according to Antioch police.
Arriving officers made contact with 49-year-old resident Donald Fosselman, who various witnesses identified as a possible suspect.
At around the same time, a stabbing victim arrived at a local hospital for treatment, police said.
The victim told investigating officers that Fosselman had stabbed him during an altercation at the suspect's home.
The victim was expected to survive.
Fosselman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and booked into Martinez Detention Facility.
The suspect apparently has past convictions for robbery, theft, and making terrorist threats, police said.
antioch, crime, violence, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday