East Bay News
Fremont police fatally shoot mentally ill man armed with knife
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Fremont police shot and killed a mentally ill man who injured two of his family members.
A woman called police to a house on Ohlones Street at 6:45 a.m. She said a 53-year-old family member was throwing around furniture and attacking a door with a knife.
When police arrived, the man confronted them.
"Two of our officers ended up shooting the suspect. They proceeded to give medical aid, CPR. Fremont fire responded and subsequently declared the male deceased," Fremont Police Department PIO Geneva Bosques said.
The family members who were injured by the man are expected to survive.
The officers are on paid administrative leave, which is a department policy.
crime, fremont, shooting, mental health, violence, domestic violence, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Google barge moved to the Port of Stockton
- Pedestrian safety plan announced in San Francisco
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space 58 min ago
- Cronut creator invents 'shots' of milk and cookies
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media...
58 min ago