East Bay News
Fremont police fatally shoot mentally ill man armed with knife
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Fremont police shot and killed a mentally ill man who injured two of his family members.
A woman called police to a house on Ohlones Street at 6:45 a.m. She said a 53-year-old family member was throwing around furniture and attacking a door with a knife.
When police arrived, the man confronted them.
"Two of our officers ended up shooting the suspect. They proceeded to give medical aid, CPR. Fremont fire responded and subsequently declared the male deceased," Fremont Police Department PIO Geneva Bosques said.
The family members who were injured by the man are expected to survive.
The officers are on paid administrative leave, which is a department policy.
crime, fremont, shooting, mental health, violence, domestic violence, east bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 22 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos