East Bay News
Brush fire near Crockett contained at 40 acres
A brush fire near Crockett that is causing traffic to back up on Interstate Highway 80 has been contained at around 40 acres, according to a Crockett-Carquinez Fire Department official.
The fire, reported around 3:45 p.m., initially caused the closure of the right lane on westbound I-80 near the Cummings Skyway offramp and poor visibility in the area, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The lane has since reopened but the offramp remains closed, according to the CHP.
carquinez bridge, crockett, I-80, fire, traffic, driving, east bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang 51 min ago
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos