East Bay News
Brush fire near Crockett contained at 40 acres
A brush fire near Crockett that is causing traffic to back up on Interstate Highway 80 has been contained at around 40 acres, according to a Crockett-Carquinez Fire Department official.
The fire, reported around 3:45 p.m., initially caused the closure of the right lane on westbound I-80 near the Cummings Skyway offramp and poor visibility in the area, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The lane has since reopened but the offramp remains closed, according to the CHP.
carquinez bridge, crockett, I-80, fire, traffic, driving, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday