East Bay News
Dive team searching for kayaker in Livermore
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- An Alameda County dive team is searching for a missing kayaker in Livermore.
Authorities said the 30-year-old man was kayaking in Lake Del Valle with his sister yesterday, when he decided to swim to shore and jumped into the water.
Authorities say he began having difficulty swimming and went under. Dive teams from the Alameda County Sheriff's Department and the Alameda County Fire Department searched the water more than three hours yesterday.
livermore, alameda county, missing person, east bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33 20 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101 1 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M 17 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law 5 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
20 min ago