East Bay News
6-year-old boy in Union City mauled by dog
UNION CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- On Monday, a 6-year-old boy was mauled to death by a dog. It happened at a home on Elizabeth Way in Union City around 11:00 a.m.
A neighbor says the boy lived at his grandparent's home along with several cousins.
"Really nice family. Just always real nice, they play outside all the time, always having a good time, real good kids and it's just really sad that this has happened," said Arthur Kouns, a neighbor.
Neighbors say there were two pit bulls that lived at the home and animal control took at least one dog away.
The Union City Police Department will release more information on Tuesday.
lucile packard children's hospital, union city, dog attack, east bay news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash 26 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting 23 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos