East Bay News
Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
UNION CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- The dog that killed a 6-year old boy in Union City earlier this week has been euthanized.
The pit-bull mix was quarantined at an animal shelter in Fremont before it was put down Tuesday.
The family says the dog's owner agreed to it. He's the boy's uncle and also a San Mateo police officer.
Six-year-old Nephi Selu died a few hours after he apparently tried to climb on the dog and it turned, and bit him in the head.
lucile packard children's hospital, union city, dog attack, animal, child death, children, east bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 16 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz? 48 min ago
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
25 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos