East Bay News
Man fatally shot in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are investigating a shooting that killed a man in East Oakland Thursday morning.
At 5:32 a.m. Oakland police received a report of gunshots in the 9800 block of A Street, near International Boulevard.
According to police, the victim died of gunshot wounds at the scene.
No suspect information has been released and the motive for the killing is under investigation.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of his next of kin, police said.
oakland, OPD, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 39 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 58 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 21 min ago
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos