East Bay News
Man fatally shot in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are investigating a shooting that killed a man in East Oakland Thursday morning.
At 5:32 a.m. Oakland police received a report of gunshots in the 9800 block of A Street, near International Boulevard.
According to police, the victim died of gunshot wounds at the scene.
No suspect information has been released and the motive for the killing is under investigation.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of his next of kin, police said.
oakland, OPD, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 2 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak 36 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year 41 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 7 On Your Side: Affordable home automation
35 min ago