East Bay News
Bay Area residents attempt to beat the heat
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- The Bay Area is riding a heat wave and the blistering heat and scorching temperatures are only going to get worse.
People in the East Bay tried to run but they could not hide from the extreme weather.
Larry Wilkes, a construction worker in Antioch, doesn't mind working in the heat. His job helps support three children.
"Don't think about it. Just do the job," he said.
Wilkes estimates he drinks three gallons of water on a day like this.
Samera Khalali and Nazifa Fazli picked today to volunteer at a car washing fundraiser for autism.
With rain earlier in the week and triple-digit temperatures today, Khalali described the weather as "bi-polar."
At the Pittsburg Marina, jet skis ruled this hot, dry Friday. But none of that would have been allowed inside the Antioch Water Park which began to feel crowded by noon. The water was cold. The pavement was hot and the kids had brave soles on the bottoms of their feet.
"I don't think you can fry your feet because they are different from eggs and they're solids," said park goer Calder Abbot.
Temperatures on Saturday are expected to be warmer.
heat wave, pittsburg, antioch, water, construction, east bay news, wayne freedman
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall 16 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos