East Bay News
Antioch man killed after being shot twice in two days
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Police say an Antioch man who was shot and killed Saturday morning had been shot and injured Friday as well, but refused to cooperate with investigators.
The victim, a 42-year-old Antioch man, was shot in the head around 9:30 Saturday morning on the porch of his apartment on the 2100 block of Spanos Street near Sycamore Drive, according to Lt. Diane Aguinaga.
He was taken to a hospital for treatment, but later died of his injury.
The same victim was also shot yesterday in the same location around 11 a.m., Aguinaga said.
He sustained a grazing wound to his back and a gunshot wound to his leg, but was uncooperative with officers and gave no information about who shot him.
Police are investigating both shootings.
antioch, shooting, crime, guns, violence, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 38 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 20 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos