East Bay News
Antioch man killed after being shot twice in two days
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Police say an Antioch man who was shot and killed Saturday morning had been shot and injured Friday as well, but refused to cooperate with investigators.
The victim, a 42-year-old Antioch man, was shot in the head around 9:30 Saturday morning on the porch of his apartment on the 2100 block of Spanos Street near Sycamore Drive, according to Lt. Diane Aguinaga.
He was taken to a hospital for treatment, but later died of his injury.
The same victim was also shot yesterday in the same location around 11 a.m., Aguinaga said.
He sustained a grazing wound to his back and a gunshot wound to his leg, but was uncooperative with officers and gave no information about who shot him.
Police are investigating both shootings.
antioch, shooting, crime, guns, violence, east bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Jose police standoff ends with armed man 27 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide