East Bay News
Crews battle brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park on Castle Drive
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Illegal fireworks may have sparked a large grass fire in the Oakland hills, according to investigators.
The fire broke out in Joaquin Miller Park on Castle Drive late Thursday night.
Crews found a herd of goats when they got there, but none of the animals were hurt.
Firefighters put out the fire at 4 a.m. Friday morning. It burned about 2.5 acres.
A smaller fire in the area also destroyed a cabin at a Girl Scout camp.
Crews continued checking for hot spots on Friday.
oakland, fire, fireworks, fire safety, east bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 49 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire 10 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos