East Bay News
Crews battle brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park on Castle Drive
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Illegal fireworks may have sparked a large grass fire in the Oakland hills, according to investigators.
The fire broke out in Joaquin Miller Park on Castle Drive late Thursday night.
Crews found a herd of goats when they got there, but none of the animals were hurt.
Firefighters put out the fire at 4 a.m. Friday morning. It burned about 2.5 acres.
A smaller fire in the area also destroyed a cabin at a Girl Scout camp.
Crews continued checking for hot spots on Friday.
oakland, fire, fireworks, fire safety, east bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers 23 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos