East Bay News
Crews battle brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park on Castle Drive
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Illegal fireworks may have sparked a large grass fire in the Oakland hills, according to investigators.
The fire broke out in Joaquin Miller Park on Castle Drive late Thursday night.
Crews found a herd of goats when they got there, but none of the animals were hurt.
Firefighters put out the fire at 4 a.m. Friday morning. It burned about 2.5 acres.
A smaller fire in the area also destroyed a cabin at a Girl Scout camp.
Crews continued checking for hot spots on Friday.
oakland, fire, fireworks, fire safety, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button 28 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos