East Bay News
Walnut Creek firefighters put out fire in bedroom
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- Crews quickly put out a fire at a Walnut Creek home late this morning, according to a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District dispatcher.
The fire was reported at 11:41 a.m. at a house on Cara Court and was extinguished 10 minutes later, the dispatcher said.
According to a Twitter post from the union United Professional Firefighters of Contra Costa County, crews contained the fire to a bedroom.
No injuries were reported.
fire, walnut creek, east bay news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash 29 min ago
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday