East Bay News
1-year-old baby safe after carjacking in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A one-year-old baby is safe after being taken during a carjacking in Oakland last night. .
Police say a suspect ordered the family to get out of their car at a gas station on Foothill Boulevard just before 10:30 last night. The driver took off before they could get the child out. About 20 minutes later, the baby was found in their car seat sleeping on the sidewalk a few blocks away on Ygnacio Avenue. The family and baby were reunited a short time later.
Police are still looking for the van and the suspect.
OPD, carjacking, crime, missing person, children, oakland, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 36 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 44 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 18 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 58 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch