East Bay News
1-year-old baby safe after carjacking in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A one-year-old baby is safe after being taken during a carjacking in Oakland last night. .
Police say a suspect ordered the family to get out of their car at a gas station on Foothill Boulevard just before 10:30 last night. The driver took off before they could get the child out. About 20 minutes later, the baby was found in their car seat sleeping on the sidewalk a few blocks away on Ygnacio Avenue. The family and baby were reunited a short time later.
Police are still looking for the van and the suspect.
OPD, carjacking, crime, missing person, children, oakland, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos