East Bay News
Lanes reopen after Oakland shooting on I-580 near Seminary
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police responded to a shooting that shut down most of Interstate Highway 580 near Seminary Avenue Saturday evening, according to a police official.
A severe traffic alert was issued for the area, according to the California Highway Patrol.
All lanes have re-opened following the shooting that shutdown the freeway for hours.
No further details on the shooting are available yet, the police official said.
crime, oakland, shooting, east bay news
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall 45 min ago
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work 52 min ago
- Blogger mom finds stolen photos on pornography site 32 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge 42 min ago
- Scrabble asks fans to choose new word for dictionary
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Blogger mom finds stolen photos on...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos