East Bay News
Search for men who robbed pregnant woman
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A search is underway in Alameda County for two men accused in a violent attack on a pregnant woman about to give birth.
ABC7 News media partner The Contra Costa Times reports the woman, who is 9-months pregnant, was robbed at gunpoint near Western Boulevard and Willow Avenue in Cherryland around 2 p.m. Monday.
Investigators say the suspects pushed the woman's car onto the train tracks with their truck, smashed her window, grabbed her purse and took off.
The woman was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. Mom and her unborn baby are expected to be OK.
alameda county, children, crime, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 27 min ago
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 55 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 59 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
23 min ago