East Bay News
Search for men who robbed pregnant woman
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A search is underway in Alameda County for two men accused in a violent attack on a pregnant woman about to give birth.
ABC7 News media partner The Contra Costa Times reports the woman, who is 9-months pregnant, was robbed at gunpoint near Western Boulevard and Willow Avenue in Cherryland around 2 p.m. Monday.
Investigators say the suspects pushed the woman's car onto the train tracks with their truck, smashed her window, grabbed her purse and took off.
The woman was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. Mom and her unborn baby are expected to be OK.
alameda county, children, crime, east bay news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 36 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated 2 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael 29 min ago
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing 41 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San...
29 min ago