East Bay News
Berkeley police investigate shooting death on Derby Street
BERKELEY, Calif. -- Police are investigating the shooting death of a man in South Berkeley Wednesday night, a police spokeswoman said.
The shooting was reported at 6:52 p.m. in the 1800 block of Derby Street between Grant Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Officer Jennifer Coats said.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. Police are investigating and talking to witnesses in the area but have not identified any suspects, Coats said.
Anyone with information about the shooting has been asked to call Berkeley police at (510) 981-5980 or (510) 981-5900.
berkeley, shooting, murder, east bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday