East Bay News
Oakland zookeepers matchmaking for warthog
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Zookeepers at the Oakland Zoo are playing matchmaker and they say "Simon" the warthog is in his prime and ready to mate.
They've set up two lucky ladies to entice him -- one was flown in from Atlanta and the other from Florida.
Both were hand-picked because they have ideal genetic traits like large warts and strong tusks.
Dates with Simon are simple. They involve a lot of foraging for roots and wallowing in the mud.
oakland zoo, animal, oakland, east bay news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 37 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 59 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right 29 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies 25 min ago
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos