East Bay News
Oakland zookeepers matchmaking for warthog
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Zookeepers at the Oakland Zoo are playing matchmaker and they say "Simon" the warthog is in his prime and ready to mate.
They've set up two lucky ladies to entice him -- one was flown in from Atlanta and the other from Florida.
Both were hand-picked because they have ideal genetic traits like large warts and strong tusks.
Dates with Simon are simple. They involve a lot of foraging for roots and wallowing in the mud.
oakland zoo, animal, oakland, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF 32 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info 36 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday