East Bay News
Burning car causes grass fire along I-580 in Livermore
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- A burning car caused a grass fire along Interstate 580 in Livermore Saturday.
It happened near Grant Line Road in the early afternoon and spread to the field on the eastbound lanes.
Crews shut down several lanes while they worked to put it out, causing a traffic backup.
The fire burned about 23 acres.
There's no word yet on what started the fire.
No injuries were reported.
livermore, I-580, fire, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 12 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 46 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 44 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos