East Bay News
Burning car causes grass fire along I-580 in Livermore
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- A burning car caused a grass fire along Interstate 580 in Livermore Saturday.
It happened near Grant Line Road in the early afternoon and spread to the field on the eastbound lanes.
Crews shut down several lanes while they worked to put it out, causing a traffic backup.
The fire burned about 23 acres.
There's no word yet on what started the fire.
No injuries were reported.
livermore, I-580, fire, east bay news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 41 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body