East Bay News
2 arrested after chase from Oakland to San Leandro
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- Two suspects were arrested after a high-speed chase from Oakland to San Leandro ended in a crash.
Oakland police confirm that the chase started on the 1300 block of 105th Avenue near Pontiac Street around 2:15 a.m. Police say the suspects were firing a gun in the area, but no one was hit. Officers gave chase and the suspects crashed into a fire hydrant in San Leandro at Williams Street and Orchard Avenue.
The crash caused a gusher that has since been shut off.
san leandro, oakland, crime, crash, east bay news, katie marzullo
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas 48 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View 32 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday