East Bay News
2 arrested after chase from Oakland to San Leandro
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- Two suspects were arrested after a high-speed chase from Oakland to San Leandro ended in a crash.
Oakland police confirm that the chase started on the 1300 block of 105th Avenue near Pontiac Street around 2:15 a.m. Police say the suspects were firing a gun in the area, but no one was hit. Officers gave chase and the suspects crashed into a fire hydrant in San Leandro at Williams Street and Orchard Avenue.
The crash caused a gusher that has since been shut off.
san leandro, oakland, crime, crash, east bay news, katie marzullo
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 38 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
10 min ago