East Bay News
Evacuation order lifted in Richmond after gas leak
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- Evacuations have lifted after a gas main break posed a danger to residents in the area of Marina Bay Parkway and Meeker Avenue.
Richmond police said five apartment complexes were evacuated for precautionary reasons.
The leak was caused by a construction crew working on an underpass in area.
The gas leak was capped at 11:30 a.m. and the evacuation order was lifted a short time after that.
richmond, gas leak, evacuation, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos