East Bay News
Services held for 8-year-old Oakland girl shot to death
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Funeral services are taking place Tuesday for an 8-year-old Oakland girl shot to death at a friend's sleepover.
Police say 8-year-old Alaysha Carradine was killed after opening the front door at a friend's house two weeks ago.
Two other children and their grandmother were wounded in the shooting in the Diamond District.
A $25,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
Alaysha's funeral is at the McNary, Morgan, Greene and Jackson Mortuary in Oakland.
OPD, oakland, shooting, crime, child death, children, east bay news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for today 58 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos