East Bay News
Services held for 8-year-old Oakland girl shot to death
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Funeral services are taking place Tuesday for an 8-year-old Oakland girl shot to death at a friend's sleepover.
Police say 8-year-old Alaysha Carradine was killed after opening the front door at a friend's house two weeks ago.
Two other children and their grandmother were wounded in the shooting in the Diamond District.
A $25,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
Alaysha's funeral is at the McNary, Morgan, Greene and Jackson Mortuary in Oakland.
OPD, oakland, shooting, crime, child death, children, east bay news
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 31 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire 48 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 17 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos