East Bay News
Man shot inside moving vehicle in Hayward
HAYWARD, Calif. -- A man inside a moving vehicle was injured in a shooting in Hayward Tuesday night, according to police.
Officers received a report of gunshots in the vicinity of Revere Avenue and Kennet Street at about 9:53 p.m. Upon arrival at the scene, officers found a man in his 30s, inside a vehicle at the corner of Albany and Revere avenues.
The man, a resident of Hayward, appeared to have been shot multiple times and then crashed his vehicle into a parked vehicle, police said. He was transported to a nearby hospital and remains in intensive care, police said.
Police have not identified any other occupants of the vehicle, any suspects or a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to contact police at (510) 293-7034.
hayward, shooting, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...