East Bay News
Man killed, another injured in Antioch shooting
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A Richmond man was killed and a Vallejo man was seriously injured in a shooting in Antioch on Wednesday, police said.
Officers responded to the intersection of Delta Fair Boulevard and Buchanan Road, near the Delta Fair Shopping Center, on a report of shots fired. Upon arrival at the scene, police found numerous shell casings in the street and two adult male victims in a vehicle about a block away on Somersville Road.
Police said the two men were suffering from gunshot wounds when officers arrived.
One victim was pronounced dead at the scene and a second victim was transported to a nearby hospital in critical condition, police said.
The suspect vehicle was described as a gold four-door vehicle, possibly a Honda or a Chevy, police said.
The homicide remains under investigation and anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Meads at the Antioch Police Department at (925) 779-6884.
antioch, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies 38 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos