East Bay News
Power back for 5,725 PG&E customers in East Bay
HAYWARD, Calif. -- Power has been restored to more than 5,700 PG&E customers in San Lorenzo and Hayward after an outage struck the area Saturday morning, a utility spokesman said.
The outage was first reported at 6:53 a.m. and affected 5,725 customers in parts of San Lorenzo and Hayward, PG&E spokesman J.D. Guidi said.
Power was restored to all customers as of 8:34 a.m., Guidi said.
The outage was caused by an underground cable failure outside of a PG&E substation in San Lorenzo, he said.
PG&E, power outage, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 2 min ago
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
2 min ago