East Bay News
Hayward woman injured in apartment fire
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- A Hayward woman is in the hospital after jumping out of a window to escape a fire.
Firefighters were called to an apartment building on Center Street Saturday afternoon and found a unit fully engulfed in flames.
The woman was not injured by the fall from the window, but did have burns.
It took 10 minutes to put the fire out. The cause is under investigation.
fire, hayward, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire