East Bay News
Oakland cracks down on illegal dumping
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Residents in Oakland are helping police crack-down on some big-time litter bugs. People have been taking pictures showing illegal dumping.
The new city effort is using photos and videos to track down illegal dumpers and make them pay.
City officials say photos showing the license plates of offenders are particularly helpful because they can track down the dumpers through their vehicle registration.
oakland, laws, east bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients 8 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 29 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 50 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 51 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
18 min ago