East Bay News
Livermore father charged with murdering infant son
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- A 26-year-old Livermore man has been charged with murdering his 6-month-old baby boy, an Alameda County sheriff's spokesman said Friday.
Deputies responded to the 2400 block of Buena Vista Avenue in unincorporated Livermore on July 29 after receiving a report of an unresponsive infant and transported the boy to ValleyCare Medical Center in Pleasanton, Sgt. J.D. Nelson said.
Because of the extent of his internal head injuries, the infant was transferred to the University of California San Francisco Medical Center, where he was placed in the pediatric intensive care unit, Nelson said.
Doctors then notified law enforcement officials that the baby suffered from non-accidental head trauma, according to Nelson. The baby boy was pronounced dead Aug. 1.
Nelson said sheriff's investigators determined that the boy's father, Robert Daily III, was responsible for the trauma he suffered.
The case was submitted to the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, which has charged Daily with murder and one count child abuse causing death, Nelson said.
Daily was arrested by Livermore police in the 2100 block of Paseo Laguna Seco on Thursday, according to Nelson.
He said Daily attempted to evade police as they approached the vehicle he was hiding in but he ultimately surrendered and was taken into custody safely after a brief chase.
Daily is being held at the Santa Rita Jail in Dublin without bail, Nelson said.
Daily, a construction worker, is scheduled to be arraigned Monday, according to court records.
livermore, dublin, alameda county, crime, murder, children, child abuse, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 53 min ago
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 30 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 18 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday