East Bay News
Man hospitalized after shooting in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man was hospitalized after being shot in East Oakland early Sunday morning, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 9000 block of A Street at about 1:30 a.m., Officer J. Moore said.
When officers arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound, Moore said.
He was transported to a hospital to be treated for his injuries and is expected to survive, Moore said.
No suspect information was immediately available, he said.
Police continue to investigate the shooting.
oakland, OPD, shooting, crime, guns, violence, east bay news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke near Candlestick 5 min ago
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland boys' choir to sing for Mandela...
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos