East Bay News
Man killed while crossing Railroad Ave. in Pittsburg
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- A man was hit and killed while crossing a street in Pittsburg Sunday night.
Police say the victim was in a crosswalk on Railroad Avenue near East 17th Street when he was hit by a car.
Witnesses say he had just bought tacos from a taco truck and was heading home.
The driver told officers he did not see the pedestrian until he was right in front of him.
Police say the driver is cooperating and they don't believe drugs or alcohol were a factor.
pittsburg, crash, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall 24 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 46 min ago
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos