East Bay News
Man killed while crossing Railroad Ave. in Pittsburg
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- A man was hit and killed while crossing a street in Pittsburg Sunday night.
Police say the victim was in a crosswalk on Railroad Avenue near East 17th Street when he was hit by a car.
Witnesses say he had just bought tacos from a taco truck and was heading home.
The driver told officers he did not see the pedestrian until he was right in front of him.
Police say the driver is cooperating and they don't believe drugs or alcohol were a factor.
pittsburg, crash, east bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos